Where throwing rocks at houses is encouraged!
Always wanted to give curling a try but did not want to be the only beginner?
Our Rookie League is for you! Here are the details:
- The Rookie League is held on Saturday’s from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. The cost is $90 plus gst for the whole season and we supply all the equipment needed at no charge!
- The season is made up of 12 games (October 13, 27, November 10, 24, December 8, 15, 22, January 5, 12, February 9, March 9 and 16.
- First half of the season (6 weeks) is called the smart start portion of the league. During this 6 week period instructors will work with you in groups to teach you all the techniques and strategies of curling. You will work your way up from about 1 hour per night at the start to the full 2 hours by the end of week 6. Instructions at the start of the session with game play to finish off each session.
- Second half of the season (last 6 weeks) is the start of the Rookie League where you will be put on teams and play games.
- 6 end games are played and instructors are still present to monitor the games and offer help to the curlers. There are always qualified instructors on the ice with you to help make your curling experience a terrific one!
- Beginner curlers can play in the Rookie League for a maximum of two years. We will then help you form or find a team to play on in one of our Women’s, Men’s or Open Leagues.
Please call 403-327-1213 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Information
- Ladies League
- Monday Ladies League
- Men's Leagues
- Tuesday Men's League
- Thursday Men's League
- Seniors League
- Seniors League
- Open & Co-Ed
- Wednesday Open League
- Friday Open League
- Sunday Open League
- Youth Leagues
- Junior & Little Rockers
- High School Leagues
- Specialty Leagues
- Super League
- Rookie League
- Special Olympics